Monday, January 22, 2007

Day of days

1. I met with my supervisor and she was happy with my progress. (This is a big deal. She hasn't been happy with my progress for a long time. I had not shown progress in a long time. My last indication of progress was finishing my Master's reasonably well).

2. I presented my research proposal to my cohort and they liked it. The questions weren't too un-unswerable. I withstood a whole solid hour-long session of question and answer. Phew.

3. I came up with a good 10-sentence critique of D's research. (This is a big deal. One of my self-imposed challenges this year is to speak up more in class).

4. I had a free dinner.

5. I am tired. And relieved. And just feel like celebrating coz last week I was quite sure I was gonna get kicked out of school this week. Like mega-relieved.

6. It's a new day tomorrow. New in every sense of the word.

7. London's freezing overnight. Just three days ago, you could happily walk out with a summer jacket. Today, I had four layers (three thick, one thin) and I felt like I could do with another layer. And I've heard rumours of snow for tomorrow.

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments: